Friday, April 27, 2012

To the moon

When I drive down the road, slam on brakes and turn the car quickly around, my four year old immediately says "Are we getting some wood?".  Yes, I am that crazy person that will go through your trash.

But, by doing this, I found some pretty awesome old wood. Someone tore down an old fence and I picked up 2 boards. No matter how you try, you cannot make new boards look as awesome as old weathered ones.

I am still kicking myself for not getting all of it. But two things stopped me. First, I didn't want to look too crazy going through someone's trash.  Second, I would have had to leave one of my kids behind in order to put all that old fence in my van.  I couldn't decide which kid to leave behind... that makes me a good mom right?

So with my two boards I made this sign. I kept one and hung it in our playroom. The other sign if for sale at High Cotton. Go buy it! Because there are only two in the whole world :)




Sign measures 55" x 7.5". Font is Arial. Font color is maize. Board color weathered fence wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Show me the love!