Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Oh my! Oh my! Oh Dinosaurs!


So Eli moved to a "big boy" bed almost a year ago. But, it was just a mattress on rails. So my dad built him a bed and we got new bedding. Out with the previous theme: planes, trains & cars, and in with the dinosaurs.
Eli & Campbell jumping on the new bed. Poor picture quality- taken with my cell phone.

 Here are three out of four of my favorite men at the dinosaur exhibit at the Memphis Zoo.

So we got the bedding from Pottery barn kids. Don't you just LOVE the dinosaur painting!?!?! Yeah, me too. But I don't love the price tag. So I had to make one.

Here is my version. It is smaller than the one above.  
Click on images for a larger view and to see more detail.

 No particular reason for choosing dinosaurs except I love the way Eli says "Rawr!" 
  And by the way, every animal says "Rawr". Dogs- "Rawr!" Cats- "Rawr!"  Birds- "Rawr!"  
Hope we can get that straightened out by kindergarten. 

22"x24".  Handpainted and colors are hand mixed.

I have plans for another dinosaur piece for his room. Hopefully, I'll start working on that soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Show me the love!